this is for you, jie. For all the times when you aren't online. MY blog about My life, for YOU.

Monday, September 19, 2005

story writing

i just got back the romance story i wrote for chinese compo. We were supposed to write a short story, and somehow, i couldn't think of anything else to write but a romance. which is pretty ironic since my experience with romance is negative. And i did quite well! or i would have, it i hadn't minused 6 marks for careless mistakes. I attribute my success to the fact that the first part of the story was drawn from a real life experience, except everything was altered a little to seem more realistic (sometimes fairytales make more sense than real life). And the ending of the story was a sweet figment of my imagination because it is extremely romantic and surreal:P Even my friends say so, okay. That's the thing about real life. although it may start out fairytale-like, do not be decieved! When everything is over, because everything WILL end, you find that the author of the fairytale was actually Grimms. You know the sadistic fairytale-writer who wrote the sad story of the little mermaid, the tin soldier, etc? I HATED them cos they made me cry. Too bad i didn't know that Grimms was a realist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home