this is for you, jie. For all the times when you aren't online. MY blog about My life, for YOU.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

friendship

Sometimes, i really don't blame people for shutting up to the world and ploughing through life, not heeding anything that goes by them. Yet at other times, I just want to stop and stare and admire all the beautiful things like friendship that go by.
I think i'm really fortunate in the department of friends. I've never been one of those popular girls with a bevy of assorted people trailing behind (like jamie yeo... i saw her at taka with a whole line of guys trailing "discretely" behind), but i've been blessed with at least one or two people at one time of my life (not counting my sisters, who are permanent fixtures in my life) who i've been able to talk to freely, and share the quiet corners of life with.
In my short journey of life, i've learnt that friends come in all shapes and sizes. Someone i never expected to like turns out to have a side of them that i love, admire and respect, and i can't help but want them to stay by me. I guess i'm a clinger, which is vaguely loserish, but i have realised that if I don't they'll slip by fast enough, and in the end, the one who will "lose out" is ME. Yet i also know that sometimes, it's just better to let go. It hurts less, and it's wiser, too.
There is this popular quote that goes somewhere along the lines of "everything has an expiry date". I used to scoff at it immediately, but now, i'm beginning to wonder. If i could modify the quote, i'll tag on this bit: " it depends on what ingredients you use". A friendship built on God, love, honesty and faith can never die. ANYTHING built on that can never die. I know i sound jaded, and idealistic. But my ideals haven't let me wrong so far, and till then, in God i will trust!
I believe that friendship is something you treasure, something you have to hold on tightly to, or else it'll slip away. Sometimes, friendship is something you have to fight for. And in rare cases, friendship is something you have to let go, because it's dragging you down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home