this is for you, jie. For all the times when you aren't online. MY blog about My life, for YOU.

Saturday, September 17, 2005

15

So I'm fifteen. That has yet to sink in, somehow. I don't feel old enough, mature enough.
Today, in honour of my birthday, i studied physics! I know. My most hated subject. But hey, what better way to grow up than to face the challenges of life? Oh, and i went fasting from 7 to 12. To detox. heh. I kinda stopped when i realised that aunty had cooked lunch... i mean, if i didn't eat, all that good food would be wasted, wouldn't it?
But the best part of my birthday are the snippets of times when my phone buzzed, and i recieved smses wishing me Happy Birthday. I didn't know so many people KNEW it was my birthday. To me, a birthday isn't a very momentous event, and it passes by quietly. I grew up passing each birthday quietly, and so i undervalued its meaning. i realised that it WAS a nice feeling to have people remember that it is your birthday. So now i feel bad, cos i haven't really paid attention to the birthdays of the people that I care about. Maybe that's what i learnt today. The importance of being special, if it was just for one day a year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home