this is for you, jie. For all the times when you aren't online. MY blog about My life, for YOU.

Sunday, September 25, 2005

pen vs keyboard

I remember saying at the beginning of the year that i loathed the computer and that nothing could ever replace the good Ole pen and paper as an instrument of my thoughts. however, things have changed so irrevocably and rapidly that whenever i try to write poetry with a pen it doesn't seem to FLOW anymore. For that matter, i can't even write in my diary without feeling that my feelings are clogged by my handwriting. I have much ado with regard to my handwriting. Because i write with the paper at a 90 degree angle to me, my eyesight has been deteriorating quite significantly lately. as such, i find it necessary to change my writing position. however, upon doing so, my handwritting becomes seriously skewed. Now, instead of slantly nicely the the right like a generous person (according to evelyn, peopl who's handwritting slants to the right are generous), it now slants very badly to the left. Thus, i am Mister Scrooge whenever i attempt to correct my handwritting.
Seriously, i have a stiff, inflexible WEAK wrist or something. I can't play tennis or golf without straining my wrist, and neither can i write like a normal, SANE person, with the paper STRAIGHT in front of me. I wish my parents/ teachers had been like the shanghai ones, who forced their kids into beautious penmanship by making them write with back straights, paper straight and holding the pen in the correct position. Yes, there is a correct position for holding a pen. I, for the past 15 years, have been writing in the wrong position, which justly accounts for the bump on my right middle finger. The correct position, mind, is by holding the pen so that the tip of your index finger just touches the pen, and it rests at the FRONT of your third finger, and your thumb touches the pen around the same area. i, on the other hand, support my pen a little higher up, at the knuckle region, and so now i have a bump on my knuckle.
OH, and guess what? I have, for the past three months, successfuylly kept long nails. It is a sign that i am maturing. DON'T LAUGH, jie. i know it sounds VERY familiar, but this time, it is justified. two years ago, in fact, even a year ago, had i tried to keep my nails long, i'd just have ended up looking goth, going around with blackened fingernails due to a gross accumulation of dirt underneath my nails (that is, if i had bothered to try). Now, they stay safely immaculate unless i do sports and my rash acts up and i have to scratch. Which, in my present coach potato status, is VERY unlikely.
I NEED TO EXERCISE. Jie, serious, this time i am not lying to you, or going anorexic on you, I AM FAT. you will ogle at how fat i am if you saw me. STRANGELY, i have not gained weight. But that is only a matter of time. as my muscles degenerate and my fats accumulate... it won't be long before i have to revamp my wardrobe, AGAIN. After exams, i am going on a crash burning of fats, and up my stamina and fitness like crazy. I WILL NOT STAY FAT. But for now, i shall lull my fats into a false sense of security, all the while preparing a powerful pschological attacking strategy that will make me anorexic. MUAHAHAHA. i was joking. about the anorexic part ONLY, though.
HMM, i have deviated quite a bit from the topic, haven't i? See why i HAVE to write a sucky arguementative essay for chinese compo? unless i get some lovely topic like "MU AI" or something lame.

3 Comments:

Blogger ame said...

EW ALY EW EW about the dirt under yourn nails!!! but i am proud you can grow them...as ineffectual a sign of maturity as they may be...
aly... i was thinking... i really want my boyfriend to be able to play the piano!!!! and i miss andrea baby and you! i've got you guys a prezzie!!! i'm so glad!

9:58 PM

 
Blogger ame said...

oh and btw, i can't write on straigh paper either. and my hand writing slants to the rightt!!!! but you can't read it. does that count as hand WRITING?

9:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Faussinusty [url=http://wiki.openqa.org/display/~buy-zithromax-without-no-prescription-online]Buy Zithromax without no prescription online[/url] [url=https://launchpad.net/~codeine-poro]Buy Codeine no prescription[/url]

12:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home